Path of the spirit
Welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Path of the spirit
Welcome back.
Path of the spirit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snake in Occult Practice- by Cherokee Miller (facebook post)

3 posters

Go down

The Snake in Occult Practice- by Cherokee Miller  (facebook post) Empty The Snake in Occult Practice- by Cherokee Miller (facebook post)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:28 pm

The Snake in Occult Practice- by Cherokee Miller  (facebook post) Snake110

Snakes have been linked over the years with so many negative connotations. However the serpent has long been a symbol of the sexual and creative life force within humans as is taught in many traditions.

For myself I see the snake as a way to embrace my creativity, sensuality and healing. It is a way for me to bring my awareness back to my wild self in all her beauty and above all else “Loving the skin I am in” I have to laugh when I type this for the snake sheds it’s skin, but then so do I. I shed my skin, I shed the box the society wants to put me in, I shed stereotypes, perceptions and I keep on moving on my own path that I create. Sometimes it is easy and other times…not so much.

How do I do this? Movement, dance and enjoying the way my body feels when I move. Often times before ritual or just to relax I dance. I put on some great music and I let myself go, swaying my hips, being very conscious of my breath, moving my arms, throwing in some slow belly dance moves. Sometimes I end up on the ground , undulating, slithering and calling up the serpent. Opening up my senses, my taste, my smell, my mind I become the serpent. In moments like this I feel more at ease, more sensual and powerful.

Along with this dance you can include affirmations:

I am Creative ~ I am Sensual ~ I am Fire ~ I am Power~ I am Priestess

This movement brings me back to my center, and I land smack dab in the middle of ME, and then I am ready to move into whatever my focus is at that very moment."

-Cherokee Miller (facebook)

Back to top Go down

The Snake in Occult Practice- by Cherokee Miller  (facebook post) Empty Re: The Snake in Occult Practice- by Cherokee Miller (facebook post)

Post by sinnada Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:30 pm

thank you so much for that. it's crazy but i've had a vision of one while meditating earlier today, the timing is amazing and can i say that the picture you've posted is so beautiful
sinnada
sinnada
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Snake in Occult Practice- by Cherokee Miller  (facebook post) Empty Re: The Snake in Occult Practice- by Cherokee Miller (facebook post)

Post by Astral Eye Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:07 am

the snake is a fascinating creature indeed, but one I am hesitant to work with. I'm scared of them! Embarassed affraid
Astral Eye
Astral Eye
Admin

https://pathofthespirit.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Yagarasu Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:44 am

I have a snake familliar
Yagarasu
Yagarasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Eye Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:46 am

And as you know Yagarasu, it gives me the creeps so please could you stop sending me an image of it in my dreams.
Astral Eye
Astral Eye
Admin

https://pathofthespirit.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Yagarasu Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:29 pm

it's not me, he keeps sending them too you.
Yagarasu
Yagarasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down